I got an email from one of my friends that ended with "Till we talk again, I wish you luck in whatever wicked awesome gimmick race you're competing in during the interim." I'm thinking that maybe he thought it would be a while until I participated in my next wicked awesome gimmick race but wouldn't you know it, I'm doing another one this weekend. The muddy buddy.
It's a running/biking race where, at the end, you and your partner have to crawl through a mud pit before crossing the finish line together. And yes, I paid money to do it.
The weekend after that is the Moonlight Classic bike ride in Denver and then the weekend after that I think I'm going to do the Boulder version of the Urban Assault bike race. And the weekend after that... I think I'll take a break.
I know I've been participating in a lot of these crazy events lately but I think I'm just getting it all out of my system. And, since I was supposed to leave on Saturday to spend a week in Vancouver with Pete, I think this stuff is a good way to distract myself from the fact that I'm not doing that. But regardless of why I'm doing all of this stuff, my guess is that this time next year, I'll probably be quite lame.
August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment