My futon fully arrived today. It's currently in three separate boxes but my plan for Saturday (the first day I don't have any plans) is to put it together and then lounge on it while watching movies. (Okay, wait... I think that means I have plans now...)
So the results are in for the Wild West Relay and my team came in 18th out of 94 teams. Our time was just under 27 hours for 195 miles. Not too shabby for a bunch of IBMers! And, considering one of our runners got lost and ended up running 10 miles when he only needed to run four, 18th place isn't too bad at all. What can I say, our team was good!
I was one of the slower runners on the team (just barely running under 9 minutes a mile) and I felt kind of bad about holding the team back. But really, I think I held my own, especially when I had to run five miles up the side of a mountain on a dirt road called "Deadman's Road". It took me just under an hour, which is the same time it took my in-shape, long distance running friend Dan who was running the race on another team. I don't think he walked at all though, and I walked a bit. I'm also betting he didn't have an out-loud pep talk with himself around mile three. Um, yeah, I didn't do that either...
Anyway, pictures to follow as soon as I'm un-lazy enough to upload them. That could take weeks...
August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment