August 26, 2006

Statistically less squiffy

Recently, Forbes Magazine published a list of the drunkest cities in America. Milwaukee was #1, which makes sense given all of the breweries, the working-class thing, and the fact that there's not a lot going on in the Mid-west.

What was interesting to me was that while Pittsburgh was something like #7 or #8, the Denver/Boulder metro-area came in at #15. The problem is, the Forbes ranking implies that Denver/Boulder is 50% less drunk than Pittsburgh and honestly, I'm at least 50% more drunk in Denver/Boulder than I was in Pittsburgh.

Whoever came up with these rankings obviously doesn't read my blog.

2 comments:

Oi! Ruby said...

I personally, just love celebrating the word squiffy!

Let's toast to squiffy!

We do get rowdier here--maybe we work harder...nah, that's just silly! :)

Happy Worker said...

I'll toast to squiffy!

Unfortunately, with the number of blog entries I've created during business hours (like this one...) it would be hard to argue that I work harder.

But as far as partying goes, I think that you and I are doing our part. It's all those stupid, world-class athletes that are bringing us down.