August 17, 2006
End of an era
Tomorrow (Friday) my cmu.edu email address will officially die. I've spent some time being nostalgic, reading over old emails, etc. I thought about saving some of the emails by forwarding them on to a different account but then I thought, why bother? What's over is over. What's past is past. And maybe being forced to move on isn't such a bad thing. Maybe there's some larger force in life that knows what's good for me. This would be the same force that often makes items of clothing go on sale at the register when I decide to buy something and it doesn't appear to be on sale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm a little sad, and I did save some emails, but only reference-type stuff.
But I have bigger fish to fry, right? I haven't even gotten anything GOOD in that account for months. So, it's less baggage.
Okay, so I just tried to login to my CMU account and it still worked. Are they messing with me here? Why does everything CMU related like to mess with me?
Anyway, I agree with you on the baggage. As KarinAnne would say (and I know you're reading this KA!)"Everyone has baggage but your baggage needs to be able to fit into the overhead. It shouldn't be so big that you need to check it."
My Penn State account worked for several months after it was supposed to be disconnected. It must not be a very high priority for colleges to clean up those accounts.
I think you're right because I just checked my cmu account and it's still working. Maybe they meant August 18, 2007...
Oh and Rachael, I just realized that you had a blog. Did I know that you had a blog? How did I not know...
Post a Comment