July 06, 2006

Week of Whining

As most of you know, I'm completely heartbroken and crushed by the horrible Pete-related events of this past weekend (for those of you who don't know about them (Marisa), chances are you know enough about the past that you can form a vague idea of what happened and then call me later to get the scoop).

Therefore, I'm officially announcing a week of whining. For the next seven days, I'm going to allow myself to be sad and do all the things that go along with it like crying and whining to complete strangers and anyone who stops by my office, eating way too much ice cream, drinking too much, buying way too many pairs of new shoes, considering signing up for 8-minute dating, and crying at sappy TV commercials. Let this post serve as a warning that all of these things are coming. But after seven days, the week of whining will draw to a close and I will move on with things.

So, thanks to everyone who's already put up with it. Mad props go out to all of you (Mark, Mike, Ali, and Karen) who consoled me, fed me, and let me cry on their shoulders (literally) this weekend. Extra, extra mad props go out to Cara who did all of those things but also rescued me downtown after the breakup, let me use her apartment as a home base, and did her best to keep me occupied all weekend so that I never spent too much time wallowing in my self-pity. You guys are the best and I'm so lucky to have so many good friends like you. : )

(special mention - mad props also go out to Cara's dad who, though he was unaware of the Pete-problems) kept a steady and generous supply of alcohol coming my way at dinner on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Wallow.

And when you're done, listen to Liz Phair's "Exit to Guysville."

Happy Worker said...

Yes, wallowing is good. But I don't understand why when you tell people you're wallowing, they so often tell you "you should do something nice for yourself, like take a bath..."

Well, to tell you how bad things are, I actually took a bath last night. And I am NOT a bath person.

Anyway, I do believe you mean "Exile in Guysville" (which I own), a song-by-song response to the Rolling Stones "Exile on Mainstreet." Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Right - Exile in Guysville. I thought what I had was wrong somehow...

One thing that made me feel better about my own (jobless) situation was watching Jarhead. Perverse though that may be.