July 17, 2007

the waiting game

I rode my bike to work today and while it is not actually raining outside, there is thunder type stuff and, most horribly, a strong wind from the west. I ride from east to west to get home so I'm sitting at my desk waiting it out. there's a patch of blue sky off in the distance so about thirty more minutes and I should be good. and that's fine, I need a bit of a break before I ride home. I just got done with a two hour meeting where I took five pages of notes on all of the work I need to get done by January of next year. it's a little overwhelming, but in a good way. however, the crazy thing is... I still don't really have a lot of work to do. because we only recently (last month) became this new company thing that we are, people are still trying to figure out things like our strategy, our direction, our message, etc. until they get those things in place, there's nothing for me to do but sit back, enjoy the meetings and wait for the flood gates to open. not all that different than sitting here waiting for the journey home to begin, hoping the flood gates won't open while I'm on the road.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can identify with the waiting game - I'm waiting for the inevitable with no idea of when the flood gates will actually open!

Happy Worker said...

but the thing is that for you, they will actually open, you know?

do you think Mike going to faint in the delivery room? hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Very true, but the control freak in me would very much like to know when!!

Probably not. He'll leave before he passes out. :-)

Happy Worker said...

my guess is you'll go to the point where you think you can't take it any more and then you'll be pregnant for two more weeks. :)

I say there's a 50/50 chance Mike feels a little woozy during the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Probably better than 50/50 I'm thinking 80/20. I also bet he has to leave at least once.

I've been at that point for two weeks. . .does that mean it will happen soon?

Happy Worker said...

you're actual due date is today, isn't it?

this baby's been brewing for a while now... it's time!