July 22, 2007

8:19 on Sunday night and again, where has the weekend gone? Well, actually, here's where it went: Friday night Boy and I went to the Boulder Chop House for steak. I've never been on a steak date before and it was kind of fun and utterly indulgent.

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to the mountains to hike Mt. Bierdstat, one of Colorado's 14ers. It's one of the easier 14ers, only 7 miles round trip and a few thousand feet of elevation gain. It's the second 14er that I've hiked and while it's awesome to make it to the top, I'm not sure I care if I hike another 14er again. I mean, seriously, it's hard to breath up there. On top of that, 14ers aren't really all that pretty. It's incredibly barren and rocky at the top and while you get a good view - neh. It's s'okay. Still, the wild flowers were beautiful on the hike and we got a good sense of accomplishment for the weekend. We also went to the outlets in Silverthorne when we were done. That was good too.

So then today... well today I haven't done a whole lot of much - cleaned a bit, hung out with some friends, watched a lot of Man vs. Wild, and spent some quality time with the doggie. Good stuff. Oh, and I finally uploaded my pictures to flicker. Here they are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are addicted to Man vs. Wild. Although I think Bear is just a little off his rocker.

Happy Worker said...

I agree. It's as if he enjoys drinking the water out of elephant dung.

However, he is a bit of a hottie so any time he wants to jump into a semi-frozen lake and then take his shirt of and do push-ups to warm up, okay by me.

Anonymous said...

agreed.