March 08, 2006

welcome to Colorado!

it seems that in Colorado, everything is more extreme: the landscape, the people, and especially the weather. Sue, my officemate is constantly complaining about how the seasons are anything but discrete around here and I have to say that I agree. Mel, a guy that I work with (who, by the way, looks exactly like Steve Martin) says that Colorado only has two seasons, summer and winter, and you spend most of the year zig zagging between the two. case in point: yesterday it was 70 and sunny. today we're getting 4 - 8 inches of snow.

right now, there's more rain out there than snow but regardless of form, there's precipitation in the air and that is a beautiful thing! it's so nice to be breathing in moist air as opposed to the dust I was dealing with yesterday. for the first time in a long time, the humidity has made it out of the teens!

this is only the second time we've had any kind of precipitation since I've been here and I've been here for over a month now. it's strange to say but I think I miss the cloudy, dreary skies of the east. of course, that's probably because I don't have to deal with them anymore. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to take some pictures so that we can see how pretty Colorado is.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but in Pittsburgh one soon grows tired of hearing all the tourists marvel over the gorgeous gray skies.

Happy Worker said...

No, really. I know it sounds crazy but it's raining right now, I was just out walking in it, and it made me really happy. I was actually smiling, while walking down the street in the rain. I think it probably has something to do with the rain reminding me of home and that's comforting in some way. I'm also troubled by how blonde my hair gets with all the sun, my eyebrows included. They get to be so light that they almost disappear, making me look like an eyebrowless freak. That's just no good.