March 22, 2006

Snowing more today...

I live across the street from North Boulder Park. It’s basically a giant field with a playground at one end. For the most part, people seem to use the field for Frisbee (people are unusually good at Frisbee around here). I use the field to walk Abby.

We’ve had snow on the ground since Sunday and so now, a group of cross-country skiers has taken over the park. And really, they’ve taken it over. They’ve been out there every time I’ve walked Abby, whether it’s 6:45 in the morning or 11:00 at night, since it started snowing on Sunday. And it’s not just one or two people. Yesterday, when I was out with Abby (before 7:00 am!) there were about ten people out there. And this morning there were about five people out there AND there was a guy on a snowmobile, towing some kind of grooming device so that he could lay down tracks across the park.

All of this is quite disturbing to me.

Abby, on the other hand (or paw,) is fascinated by it. She’s so excited by the people gliding by on their skis that I have to keep her on the leash so that she doesn’t go chasing after them. (Really, I know those of you who know my dog may think that I’m kidding about this one but I’m not.) I also keep her on the leash so that she doesn’t do her thing in the middle of the freshly laid tracks. Even though it seems to be acceptable to let your dog go pretty much anywhere else in Boulder and not scoop, the middle of the trail is still bad etiquette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I don't believe that Abby is chasing after cross country skiers.