May 22, 2008

at least I have my... hmm... well...

as we know, I've been having some rough luck lately. through it all, I've been trying to look at the positive side of things by saying, "well, at least I have my health." but then...

yesterday, I got some potentially bad news which was that one of my blood tests indicated that I have a positive marker for rheumatoid arthritis. I'm not sure this means that I necessarily have rheumatoid arthritis but I definitely could, especially since my mom has it. however, I don't really have any of the symptoms. so... who knows? I guess a rheumatologist would which is why I have an appointment with one in a few weeks to find out if I do (or do not) have an incurable disease that will cause my body to attack and destroy itself. fun, huh?

let's see... what else? the usual, I guess. still have dog. still no house. still no boy (big B or small). and that's all okay. as my iChing reading said yesterday (and seriously, I'm not kidding) "k'un: oppression (exhaustion). an unavoidable time of adversity... success is simply not possible now" so I think it's best to just not try. that's not to say I'm giving up but given the circumstances, I think it's best to sort of sit back and take it all in right now. while eating chocolate. and maybe sitting on a beach.

(btw, Jen, how soon are you moving to Hawaii? and how soon can I move in?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be there full-time after Jess's wedding in September. So in plenty of time before winter :).

Happy Worker said...

girl, I'm on my way...

Unknown said...

I have one of those diseases where your body attacks itself and it's no fun at all. So I really really hope you get a clean bill of health when you see the "rheum" (doesn't sound as good as "neuro" huh?).

Happy Worker said...

personally, I prefer "rheumi" because that way, I can pretend I'm going to see a friend.

but anway, thanks for the comments, p. I'm sure you know how when in a position like this, things like that do help.

and I just want to add - body attacking diseases totally suck.

Unknown said...

Yes, I like "rheumi" too. You can just pretend you are into ancient poetry. :)