May 24, 2008

you know what? it's memorial day weekend. I keep forgetting that, probably because I have no big weekend plans and I also have to work. not necessarily the most fun for a holiday weekend but if I can use work now to justify slacking off later I'm okay with it.

the biggest, most exciting thing going on for me this weekend is probably the bolder boulder , a 10K race that takes place on every memorial day. I've predicted that I'm going to win the race, which will be very impressive considering my wave starts 17 minutes after the first wave. now I know what you're thinking: "leeann, you're good but are you that good?" and the answer is yes, I am. it is, however, important to keep in mind that I will be running so fast that I will disrupt the space-time continuum so it may not actually seem like I'm winning. but I am. I totally am. so while it's going to seem like I'm crossing the finish line around 8:15, I'm actually crossing the finish line at 8:15 yesterday, which is way faster than anyone else.

the race starts at 7:00 am which is sooooooooo early and it can be a pain in the butt to get to the start. however, in an effort to avoid the over-crowded, over-priced bus, I managed to bribe my friend J into driving me and three of my friends by telling him we'd give him a box of amo for his new gun in exchange for the ride. he was on that offer like white on rice. seriously, where do I live? west virginia? but anyway, whatever works works, I guess.

1 comment:

Lore & Ipsum said...

Congratulations LeeAnn!!!

A gun nut in Boulder sounds actually more Boulderian than Boulder without a gun nut.

Whoa. That couldn't possibly have made sense. This is how much I drank last night. Can't toss 'em back like I used to (not be able to toss 'em back).