my overall time in yesterday's bolder boulder was not quite as good as I wanted it to be. for the most part, I held steady at my desired pace but somewhere around the halfway point, things went horribly wrong. here's a brief recap of the race, complete with my mile-by-mile times:
Mile 1: 0:08:17.24 - Okay, doing good. Feeling fine. Oooh, a dancing matress!!!!!!
Mile 2: 0:08:47.77 - Slowing it down a bit but I can hold this pace till the end. Good god, those belly dancers really don't help things at all, do they?
Mile 3: 0:09:01.83 - Hmm... I'm starting to feel a little... depleted? I dunno, can't quite put my finger on it but somethings not right... I'm blaming it on the "mellow jazz" type music those stupid musicians have been playing at every stop. Don't they realize this is supposed to be inspirational?
Mile 4: 0:10:53.32 - Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch! I've got a cramp in my side, a cramp in my side, a cramp in my side! Wow, that hurts! Dancing mattress, please save me! I don't think I'm gonna make it. And I'm so close to my apartment too... maybe I should just stop? Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!
Mile 5: 0:08:49.02 - Okay, better? Maybe? I think?
Mile 6: 0:08:48.71 - Okay, better. Definitely better. And no, I don't want any goddamn bacon. Seriously, that's not funny.
Net time: 0:56:24.03 - Done. Phew. That was not exactly fun. But mmmmm, potato chips!
May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment