I've been toying with the idea of fasting for 24 to 36 hours. something's just not right with my body and the Internet tells me that fasting will allow my body to purge that something from my system. however, fasting seems like it's hard.
on top of the not eating, some of the side effects include pretty much every bad thing that can happen to your body. there's also an good chance for crankiness and you become more sensitive to stimuli in the outside world. one site told me that because the hunger increases the awareness of your senses, loud TVs or radios or people might bother me more. isn't that just another way of saying cranky?
I came up with the fasting idea after lunch today when my stomach didn't feel quite right. I realized that my stomach hasn't felt quite right after lunch for some time now. so if food is causing problems, maybe non-food is a good idea? the sites I consulted also mentioned how fasting was good for "those people who eat whatever they want whenever they want" because it gives your system some time to recover and rest. I felt like they were talking to me personally.
but I thought eating all the time was good because it kept your metabolism up. no?
so I gave it a shot and fasted for... about eight hours. do you think that even counts? instead of flat out fasting, I'm now doing with one site described as "building up to the fast" - having a dinner of brown rice and veggies. maybe I'll give this another try tomorrow. for a few more hours. does that count? if I fast but not for 36 consecutive hours?
May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment