March 26, 2007

1:43 in the afternoon and I just got done doing the only thing I needed to do at work today which was go to a meeting and nod my head.

Last Friday, I officially completed all of the work that I have to do. My fellow team members are off this week. My boss is off too. As of Wednesday, I'll be off too. Boy and I are going on a Grand Canyon/Utah trip for a few days. I've never been to the Southwest before (unless you count Colorado and I don't count Colorado) so I'm pretty excited. I hope to be eating salsa at every meal.

Because I don't have any work to do, I spent most of my time today messing around with my flickr account. I've had one for a few years but only recently started using it. I thought about how much of my life you could piece together from my pictures/comments and I think you could probably piece together a lot. You could know my name, who my friends are, the state in which I live and maybe even the town. And if you figured out the town and you were really, really good, you might be able to figure out where I live.

Maybe now is a good time to throw out the fact that I earned my black belt in kung fu in December 2005. I also like to cook and so I own a number of sharp knives. ok? ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will "boy" graduate to "man"
These and other such existential questions plague my existence...
Do they plague your's?
basically,
-nh3

Anonymous said...

You'll have to let us know if you walked out on the new Skywalk that they just finished. Three inches of glass between your feet and the canyon. Crazy!

Happy Worker said...

That's an excellent question, nh3. I think that "boy" will graduate to "man" when I graduate to "woman."

Despite being in my 30's, I still feel semi-stuck between "girl" and "woman." I am aware of the whole "feminist" idea of never saying "girl." Believe-you-me, I'm aware - as an undergrad, I worked in the women's studies office and I also have a minor in the stuff. However, there's something about "woman" that I have not yet been able to embrace. I think that if I ever begin wearing makeup on a daily basis, I may move to "woman" but for now, I'm not there yet.

So, given that boy is younger than me, he will still be boy, so long as I am not woman.