March 10, 2007

happy saturday to me!

In a town where it's sunny over 300 days a year, I've come to think if it as a little gift when you get a weekend morning that's cloudy and overcast and perfect for lying on the couch, drinking tea and reading while listening to non-upbeat music. no pressure to go hike up anything or even to shower.

last night I dreamt that I went to the library and spent all day exploring the children's section, looking for books from my youth and so today I feel I must go to the library and spend some time exploring the children's section, looking for books from my youth.

last night I went to a party for my neighbor who was celebrating her womanhood. she has been a woman for the past eight years and I wonder if she had been so graceful and elegant before she was a women. but maybe not. I think her's is a grace and elegance that comes from being completely comfortable with yourself and I think before eight years ago, she didn't have that.

the party was filled with the non-athletic side of boulder, which is nice to see every now and then. most people had some kind of connection to Naropa and a few were connected to the Psychic Horizons Center. They got me thinking that the pain in my lower back, which started last July, is not exercise or matress related and that, like Abby's occassional peeing on the carpet, may be related to traumatic events from my childhood that I have yet to successfully deal with. A woman who's apperance sparked a core emotional rememberance of both my mother and my sister made me think that they're right. And interestingly enough, my back already feels better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know - it's funny, I had an urge yesterday to go to the library and check out the children's book section too! For some reason I wanted to read James and the Giant Peach. Maybe it's just the fact that it has food in the title, I don't know.

On a completely unrelated topic - Piper's is closed. :-( They had a water pipe break upstairs and the dining room was completely ruined. I hope it re-opens.

Happy Worker said...

Alas, I heard the news about Piper's. My mom, who keeps me up to date on Pittsburgh news, told me. But it's not like it's closed for good, right? From what she said, they're going to try to open some time this month. And so long as they're open the next time I'm in town (which I think we'll be June), everything will be good. :)