March 16, 2007

upset

last night I was watching b-ball with boy and we watched duke lose which made me happier than you'd think. why do I not like duke? it might the fact that the b-ball team looks like a bunch of rich, tall snooty white guys. and it might be the fact that everyone I've ever met who has gone to duke also looked like rich, tall, snooty white guys. this is not to say that they were rich, tall, and snooty but it's kind of creepy, really, how people from duke seem to look so similar.

anyway, I think it's my need to constantly root for the underdog that made me so happy. hopefully there will be more opportunities to root for underdogs in all of this madness this march. boy is rather sporty and so I'm sure there will be more b-ball watching. it's funny but I think that other's I've date (or maybe married...) would have thought that march madness was a sale at banana republic.

No comments: