Last week, I had this brilliant idea to start a blog called "what I did at work today." The idea was that each day, I would provide a brief synopsis of the day's activities. I thought of the idea after a coworker and I each spent a good two hours last Thursday searching the internet for pictures of animals with hats. So last Thursday's entry would have said "Spent two hours searching the internet for pictures of animals wearing hats."
Today, as I was trying to start the blog from work, I discovered that whatididatworktoday.blogpost.com is already taken (by some crazy religious group). It's a total bummer, especially since I was at a party on Thursday night and told a bunch of strangers about the website and insisted they remember to check it out. What they must think of me...
October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let the dream be reborn! Random permutations of the phrase are still available. In particular:
whatdididoatworktoday.blogspot.com
still seems to be available. If you do start this, I want to be a guest blogger. My daily activities are dull enough to sedate a 10000 pound elephant. Others should derive extreme joy from not being me :)
of course the person who got me hooked on the text twist game can be a guest blogger! (btw, I need a new game on which to get hooked...)
but see, here's the thing, as a grad student, you still have the promise of a career where as I am in my career and this is all it is. therefore, I expect your posts to be slightly more optimistic than mine.
only would be interesting if say, you took a random co-worker everyday and photoshopped Tom Jones hair on them! whattomjoneshairwouldlooklike.blogspot.com
Post a Comment