The theme of self-created reality vs. what's really real keeps popping up, in my mind, in other people's conversations, in the things I've been reading. I can't help but think that if something keeps bringing itself to your attention (or if you keep noticing that something), then it must be significant in some way.
I feel like there's an epiphany waiting to happen...
September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Like the scaffolding behind the image of perfection?
Yes. I always thought that I could have left all that behind in Scottsdale, but even Boulder has a flavor of it.
It's a balancing act to walk between flaunting either disfuntionality or false perfection--to be content and just embrace what is while continually trying to improve is where the true challenge is. But the whole idea of "content" has always freaked me out. Is the simple life a totally PC way to say "settling" or "lack of ambition"...
That's exactly what I'm saying.
I struggle with the same thing. I sometimes wonder if those who are happy with what they have are just using that as a way to justify their laziness and/or fear. And sometimes they are. But if you're really happy, you're really happy and you don't care what you have or what you don't have. Take, for example, the Dali Lama. Wait... he's coming here (to Denver) soon, isn't he? Maybe we should go see him, if tickets are still available. And we can handle the fact that you have to buy tickets for the Dali Lama through TicketMaster...
Anyway, right now I am happy with my 16 oz. double Americano from Vic's (the one on 30th, not the one on Broadway) and right now, that's enough for me. Okay, no. Who am I kidding? I'd be happier if I had a scone, too.
I would love to see the Dali Lama! But Ticketbastard is evil!
Anyway - I think I notice it most often when I go to a mall on a weekend or a Home Depot and you see these couples that seem odd, or you ownder where/how they got matched and who settled...but then they also seem sort of happy. My latest revelation is that I clearly don't know what I'm looking for or what makes me happy--but very aware of what doesn't. Although a good latte always makes me a least smile ;)
Post a Comment