September 25, 2006

So I had a semi-bad day today. I just woke up cranky and then it went from there. There was work stuff, which I'll have to tell you about later but which made me really, really, really want to start looking for a new job right now instead of next spring. And then, to top it all off...

On Saturday, I met KA and her roommate Eric at the Hungry Toad (this little pub down the street) for dinner and a few beers. I got there early and as I was waiting at the bar, this old guy (and I do mean old) slash bar-regular started talking to me. The guy is probably around 60 and generally, I let my guard down with guys who are that old because my dad's that old and really, you just don't think about it. Or should I say I don't think about it... the guy introduced himself to me and I guess I said something like "oh, I'm {insert full name here}" because if I hadn't given him my entire name, how else could he have looked me up in the phone book and then called and left me a message asking if I'd "like to get together for a cocktail some time."?

It's so creepy and wrong on sooooooo many levels. KA said the only thing that makes it semi-okay is that he is really as old as he is and back in the day it was acceptable slash common practice to look someone's number up in the book so maybe he doesn't know how creepy slash stalker like it is.

But still... I never gave him my number. Or wrote my name down. And I don't necessarily have an easy name to spell. So for the love of god, why do men think it's okay to do these sorts of things? Did he really think I would be interested? Especially since he was wearing some kind of funky purple track suit thing? Good god.

But really, what I'm writing to say is that after the disgusting old-guy-asking-me-out thing, on top of the bad day at work, (and the Steelers' loss yesterday) I went and played kickball. Although our team lost in the last inning, I had tons of fun and it made me forget about all of the bad stuff that happened today and that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its one of God's gifts to us that as we look through the eyes of a child, problems melt away rather quickly... Like kickball... Gotta love life when you're playing kickball.