September 09, 2006

It's only semi-cloudy today, with sporadic rain. I was hoping for one of those lazy, rainy Saturdays that so rarely happen around here. A good Saturday to curl up on the couch and watch football without really watching football. But that hasn't happened and that's okay.

Instead of lounging on the couch (or really I should say futon), I went to brunch with KarinAnne. We made a quick trip through the farmer's market on the way back and I bought a bag of not-so-good-looking peaches to make peach cobbler. I was assured that even though they don't look so good on the outside, they're beautiful on the inside and that's what really matters.

After I got back from the market, I took Abby for a little hike around Mt. Sanitas. I planned to do a hike up the valley trail (it's less harsh than the other trails and Abby is eleven...). However, the valley trail was closed (roped off by police tape and everything) due to "recent mountain lion activity." There was also a very serious looking ranger hiking up the trail.

The sanitas valley is only a few blocks from my apartment. So that means the "recent mountain lion activity" was only a few blocks from my apartment. Hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were planning on watching the Penn State football game, you're better off having gone out instead. I watched it with the Knoxville Penn State alumni chapter and it was terrible! They got clobbered!