Pete #3 made it outside today. He is currently positioned next to Suzzie, the plant that I "liberated" from the Republic of Boulder. Those two seem to have a special bond.
When you have children, at some point you probably learn to accept that they will be hurt in life but holding them back from trying things will only hurt them more. When you have a garden gnome, you learn to accept that he will be stolen but keeping him inside robs him of his "life".
With that in mind, I wrote a little note and taped it to the inside of Pete #3's left boot before I set him free. The note reads:
Hi.
My name is Pete #3. I'm excited about our adventure together! However, please keep in mind that I am very important to my owners and would like to return home some day.
Thanks!
Pete #3
May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment