You know it’s been hot when you hear it’s only going to be in the mid to upper 80’s today and you think, “Wow, things are really cooling off around here…” Yesterday, no joke, it was 100 degrees. So compared to that, 85 seems quite pleasant.
So it appears I haven’t updated my blog in a few weeks. Sorry about that. I’ve been busy all around. First off, I’ve been busy at work (and let’s face it, work is where I get most of my blogging done) and I’ve had a lot going on outside of work, too. Pete (#1) came to visit last weekend and on top of that, I’ve been involved with a lot of activities with my pseudo dating club. I joined a kickball team that plays on Monday nights (we are called the Chotchkies and are thus far undefeated!) and on Tuesdays I’ve been going to the foreign language group meetings at a bar that has a bottomless wineglass happy hour. It’s amazing how much better I am at speaking a foreign language (any foreign language) after a few glasses of wine…
The pseudo dating club also has a weekly happy hour. I haven’t gone yet but I’m going to check it out this Friday, based on the recommendations of my fellow foreign-language speakers. I’m not quite sure who started this whole group but it’s a wonderful thing. Everyone in it is either like me (just uprooted and moved to Boulder) or has lived in Boulder for a while and is very gregarious. It’s the perfect combination!
It’s a funny social scene though and it reminds me a bit of college, all of these people around the same age looking for things to do, hanging out, etc. Only this time, we have money and can buy good beer. : )
June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment