May 10, 2006

You and Me

I've been having a bit of blog angst because I can never decide whether I should be writing as if I'm talking to you (and by "you" I mean the four people that read my blog) or if I should write as if I'm talking to myself. It's a little confusing...

Maybe I should be writing as if I'm talking to Pete #3.

btw, I bought Pete #3 a few weeks ago and have yet to put him outside. I'm afraid that someone is going to steal him from my balcony/porch/whatever-it-is. I think that school is officially over for the summer and the students are beginning to depart so the chances of drunken hijinks involving my gnome are decreasing ever day. But still, I'm worried about him. Out there. Alone at night. Then again, is it fair to keep Pete #3 inside, locked away from his natural environment?

To compromise, he's been sitting on my kitchen table, next to some pink tulips I bought the other day. And I swear, day by day, he's been moving closer to the flowers. Maybe he's trying to tell me something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a picture of Pete #3

Happy Worker said...

Sadly enough, I've taken more pictures of Pete #3 than I care to admit. Perhaps I'll work on putting together a Pete #3 photo gallery over the weekend. Since the weather's nice, I'd like to get some shots of him outside, if he's brave enough to make the trip.

(I'm also considering having a Pick your Pete photo contest later this summer where I'll show pictures of each Pete's shoes, or something like that, and then contestants have to figure out which Pete is which.)