It's about noon on a sunny, Saturday afternoon. I'm still in my pajamas and have no plans of going anywhere any time soon. I'm not sure why this is happening but I've noticed that I'm becoming increasingly lazier on weekends, lazier than I've ever been before. Sure, as an undergrad I would sleep until 11:00 am but once I was up, chances are I'd actually DO something with myself.
I think my laziness may come from the fact that everyone in Boulder is so un-lazy. The other night I was talking to Pete (Pete = Pete #1, all the others are referred to by number) and he asked me if anyone in Boulder sits on the couch and eats donuts. I said I didn't think so... I'm not sure Boulder even has a donut shop (unless you count "Tastefully Toasted", the custom-made donut shop that, rumor has it, is just a front for drug dealers...) I've occasionally seen donuts at the grocery store down the street from my apartment but I'm beginning to think that donuts, like lounging around, only exist here on cloudy days (which around here, don't exist too often). I walked to the store early this morning, hoping for a donut but there were no donuts to be found. I guess this is a sign that I'm supposed to be out hiking up some mountain, traversing the continental divide, or maybe joining in on a leisurely triathlon but damnit, I just want a donut with vanilla icing and pink sprinkles. Is that too much to ask?
Apparently it is. There will be no donut in my life today but there will be a run or some distance yet to be determined. In fact, from now until the second week of August, there will be a run (and no donut) in my life on most days. Somehow, I've been talked into doing the Wild West Relay, which goes from Ft. Collins to Steamboat Springs. Damn this place.
May 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe you could find a shirt that said "I don't like you... unless you have donuts" That might solve the problem...
-Keeping it Basic
Get your ass over the pass!
HA! That's great - I love it! Do you get a t-shirt that says that?
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Post a Comment