so today I went to look at a house (townhouse, actually)and totally fell in love with it. I went to make an offer and found out that, after two days on the market, the place was already under contract.
total bummer. total, total bummer. I've looked at 20 places in boulder thus far and have only found one that I wanted. if you count the places I looked at in Denver... well then I'm at close to 40 places. and nothing. no magic. no "this is the one." none of that.
what makes it more of a bummer is that there's not one really solid thing in my life right now. it's all sort of up in the air and uncomfortable (except for my health. I do have that.).
I know that one day, I'll find myself in one of those spots where everything is just clicking and coming together. birds are singing. skies are blue. etc, etc. however, I'm not there right now and I've gotta say, I'm getting a little impatient to be there.
[big sigh]
April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gin up! as Thurber said. Sherry on!
'Twasn't meant to be. Your house is out there.
true. it is.
after a night of solid, tylenol pm induced sleep, I feel better about it all. I also put a back up offer on the house. the back up offer only has like a 20% change of going through (still that's a chance) but the original offer is a contingency offer (meaning the people who bought my house have to sell their house before they can buy my house) so there's a chance for things to go wrong.
but here I am, hoping for bad things to happen to others. that can't be good for my karma.
just wish good things, like a long lost relative in hawaii bequeaths them a house on maui. win win!
and, just to lift yrself up on the misfortunes of others, even those who seemingly have solid footing have days where it seems all is chaos. like yr buddy said, gin up. or, in your part of the country, cowboy up.
Post a Comment