April 13, 2008

is it wrong that I just looked up how to nominate someone for what not to wear? does that make me a bad friend or a good friend?

I assure you my motivation is coming from a place of love. (and I also want to say there are days when I could be a good candiate for the show so it's not like I think I'm doing that much better) but I honestly don't think that anyone in their 30's (or anyone for that matter) should be wearing holiday sweaters. where do you even go to buy those things?

anyway, I had to fill out this form with my date of birth and then the site said "you are not old enough to fill out an application." so... um... I know I'm still not old enough to be president but exactly how old do you have to be to nominate someone for the show?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) There is nothing wrong with nominating someone for WNTW. There is one friend that my friends and I have been meaning to nomiate for awhile. Kudos to you for taking the steps to actually do it. B) Being a pretty big fan of the show, I know that there are folks your age and younger that have nominated people so I would try again or send a notice to their tech support. Cheers, your cousin Jen

Marisa said...

Hmm...I guess that explains why the people always seem to be nominated by their parents...

And I don't think it makes you a bad friend. I mean, you're basically nominating them to get a giant shopping spree. And who doesn't want that?

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was hoping someone would nominate me.

Happy Worker said...

no, no, no, Ali. you're fine. (but I want to be nominated too.) my friend... well... she needs some help.

she's in her mid-30's and dresses like a much older soccer mom. and I think she kinda doesn't get the basics (like if you're curvy, tight jeans that are tapered at the bottom only emphasize it all.)

and, like I said above, she wears those sweaters... I don't even know where you buy those sweaters. where do you buy those?

but Jen, where does your friend-in-need live? If she's in either Norfolk or Charleston, you guys should nominate her! (check it out: http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/geton/geton.html)

but then I guess the question is, is she a navy wife? cause they've already done a "navy wife" show (and that girl totally needed it!).

Anonymous said...

I totally saw the navy wife one. And she really needed it. . .

She also was the mom of 4 kids and still looked like she was around 12 years old. Scary.