April 29, 2008

the (notsomuchofa) saga continues

the house thing really isn't a saga but it's more dramatic to think of it that way.

to keep you up to date: yesterday, my backup offer became the official backup offer after which my realtor said (almost a little too enthusiastically) "let's hope their other offer CRASHES!"

guess he gets paid to take the karmic hit for me. good to know.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Well, it's progress. :) You're officially something.

The karma probably evens out for him in the long run. As long as he keeps an even mix of buyers/sellers, he should be OK. SO TAKE THE HIT, MAN!

Anonymous said...

not that I want bad things to happen to others either... but you getting the house would be great! Jen

Anonymous said...

I was the backup offer on my condo and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it fell to me.

That was eight years ago and the place is still standing so karma wasn't too harsh on me.

Happy Worker said...

oooh, that's good to know! especially after getting the message from my realtor yesterday that the first offer looks strong...