you know, I haven't visited my blog in a while and I forgot that I had added that clock. how annoying is that thing? I'm totally getting rid of that...
so, let's see - what have I been up to in the past few weeks... not much I guess and I think that's good. the times in my life when I've felt less content have been the times where I felt like I needed to achieve more. a few weeks ago, I ran into an aquaintance that I hadn't seen in a few months. he is a troubled individual, sort of angry at the world, and although her tries to make it seem like he has such a fun an exciting life, you can just tell he's unhappy inside. he asked me what I'd been up to and I said "the usual" to which his response was "so nothing to exciting then?" geez. so yeah, I don't have anything major going on but I have an incredible sense of contentment right now and that's one of the best feelings in the world.
anyway, I think the biggest thing I've been up to lately has been shopping for a new car. this is hard. I hate car shopping. hate it. hate it. hate it. I've had my Jetta for eight years, partially because it's a good car and is completely fine and partially because I hate car shopping. I'll spare you the details of the annoying sales people I've dealt with and all the decisions I've been struggling with and I'll sum it up by saying I think I'm going to get a honda element. I know, I know. I know. it's a box on wheels. and it's kind of ugly. I was soooooo very against one of these cars until my officemate convinced me to atleast go check one out. he and his wife have one and the love it. think it's the coolest car ever. so yesterday I went and checked one out.
and you know what? it was very cool. sort of maybe the perfect car for one who lives in colorado and, last weekend, bought a season ski pass! now the question is: what color do I want? do I want to go crazy and get the orange or the green or do I play it safe with something like blue or grey?
October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ooh.....I like the green!
I kinda like the green too. I actually have a pair of shoes the exact same color. :)
but I'm afraid that if I get the green, I'll like it a lot for the first six months and then I won't like it so much.
but still, it's a great color!
so right now I'm torn between the green and the blue. the blue actually looks better in person than it does on-line. but the green is just so spunky.
sigh. life is full of tough choices.
You know, if you buy an Element, it'll only be a matter of days before you go out and buy a pair of Crocs (probably in a matching color!)
ouch. very ouch.
Sorry to be such a hater, its just that 9:34 in the morning is quite early for me :)
But in all seriousness, despite being ugly, the Element is quite a functional vehicle (its this duality that inspired the Crocs comment, painful but unfortunately you've got to admit, there's some truth to it). After having experienced the Jetta (I think I had the same model year as you) for 5 crap-tastic years, I do commend your decision to go with a Honda. I'm sure it'll serve you well...
And since I got banned from a car dealer trying to buy my current car, I'm always interested in hearing car dealer horror stories :)
Poor Kyle. . . does he know this is coming?
okay, wait... you were BANNED from a car dealership? I sense a good story behind that. you must tell me what happened!
and no, I'm not sure kyle knows. but honestly, I wonder if he cares? I think he'll most likely be sold to some family that will give him to their kids and the kids will love hi and run him to death. he and I have been together for 8 years now. and I think we both know it's time to move on. sniff, sniff.
I'm sad you got rid of the clock. :-(
aww, see, now I feel bad. the clock definitely had its charm but for some reason, having that on my blog made me want to buy turtleneck sweaters and pleated skirts that are way too short for a girl my age...
anyway, you can always go here: http://www.uniqlo.jp/uniqlock/ to check it out when you need a dose of stylish tweed and peppy music.
Post a Comment