October 31, 2007

a moment of silence

last night I went to see David Sedaris. it was incredibly funny and touching as his essays are and it's been a long time since I laughed that hard for that long. if you ever have a chance to see David Sedaris live, I recommend you do it. unfortunately, Denver was Sedaris' 31st stop on a 32 city tour so unless you are going to be in Boston on Friday night (which a few of you actually might be) you're going to have to wait until the next time around.

at the end of the evening, to fill some time, Sedaris read us a funny entries from his diary: "September 25, 2007 - to mark the occasion of Marcel Marceau's passing, I observed a moment of silence."

the laughter that entry got was roughly equivalent to the imaginary laughter my miming bit received which is to say there was lots of it.

anyway, it's halloween night and I'm home alone watching ghost hunters. I usually can't watch shows like this by myself because I get too freaked out, even when there's nothing scary. people whispering in the dark is enough to do it and I have no idea why this is. it's a live episode tonight so that may be why I'm able to watch it on my own - they've gotta edit out a lot of nothingness and dumb comments that make no sense to come up with the finished product. for example:

dude #1 - hey! watch out!!!!
dude #2 - what?
dude #1 - that's like a 100 ft. drop over there!
dude #2 - yeah, but I'm like 10 feet away.
dude #1 - well that's 10 feet too far!

um...

to distract myself from all the scariness, I'm baking pumpkin cookies that are really sort of like muffin tops. yummy. they are cooling right now and then the final step is to drizzle them with dark chocolate. more yummy.

No comments: