October 22, 2007

Too bad, Lee Ann

tonight, instead of going to my monday night yoga class, I decided to kick back and have have some me time. I turned on the TV to decompress and then went to get some dinner together. I wasn't really paying attention to what was on TV but then I heard someone say my name... I know my name isn't that uncommon but it's uncommon enough that when I hear someone say it, I look because chances are they're talking to (or about) me.

it turns out jeopardy was on and one of the contenstants was named Lee Ann. I was going to change the channel but I noticed that Lee Ann spelled her name the same way that I do (most other Lee Anns aren't really Lee Anns. they're Leigh Anne's or Le Annes or whatever). I felt an immediate kinship with this Lee Ann and Lee Ann was in the lead. I kept watching and Lee Ann kept winning. that Lee Ann was smart. however, she blew it all at the end when she failed to get the answer "the art of war." too bad, other Lee Ann. this Lee Ann would have gotten that one.

No comments: