what can I say? I'm on the cutting edge of exercise. read this article to see what I mean.
while exercising this morning, I rode past a u-cut christmas tree place on the way to work and it made me wonder if other languages/cultures substitute single letters for entire words the way that we do. who amongst you would know? Cara would. but she's in Africa right now. hopefully she's keeping up with my blog while on safari.
I also rode past a truck that had a Jobox on the back of it. Jobox, which combines the words job and box into one, seems to be the opposite of the bicapitalization craze that's going on right now. I wonder if, in a few years, the bicapitalization thing will reverse and we'll go with the smushing thing instead? so many questions about language today...
let's see... what else... oh, I've been seeing a lot of humming birds lately which I find interesting. until this year, I had never actually seen a humming bird. others would see them and say "oh my god! a humming bird!" but when I'd turn to look, s/he'd be gone.so far this week I have seen three. I was buzzed by two of them while drinking a beer on the deck of the potbelly restaurant and bar after my first leg of the wild west relay. then I saw another one while I was out for a run earlier this week. they are so little and delicate. and their wings make the most overwhelming sound (especially when they fly close to your head). I am enamored with them right now.
oh! and Boy and I are going to see Wait wait... Don't tell me! tonight. very exciting. even though you've chosen not to hire me twice now, I still love you, NPR.
August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment