
I know that one of the reasons you people love me is because I'm not afraid of putting embarrassing pictures of myself out there for the world to see. So... here's a picture of me at work. The picture was taken last summer (hence the longer hair and the tan) but the general feeling that goes along with it is still the same...
Today at work, I took a trip to Target during lunch to pick up supplies for my new favorite hobby: gardening. I still haven't planted anything but damnit, I'm ready! While in the gardeing section, I saw a little gnome peering at me from behind the tiki torches. It's almost as if he was calling my name and so I bought him. He was the most expensive purchase of the day and the heaviest, too. This little old lady (probably the only little old lady in Boulder county) was checking me out at the register. When she got to the gnome (whom I have decided to name Pete #3), she picked him up and said (in her little old lady voice), "Oh my, that's a heavy gnome. Wonder how get got so heavy? Maybe from drinking too much beer or things like that..." It was so cute I wanted to hug her.
8 comments:
That is one mighty tasty looking muffin. You gonna finish that thing?
Incidentally, I'm pretty sure i had a pseudodate with you at the Farmer's Market last summer. I was wering blue Crocs and sampling the organic arugula. You were eating steamed dumplings and had just spilled some soy sauce on your mauve running shirt. I smiled and went for a banana smoothie.
LeeAnn, in my mind, we're on a date right now. A you-reading-my-comment-date.
I used to have a wedge-shaped Thinkpad just like that.
You know, I think I had a pseudo date at the coffee shop this morning. The girl behind the counter smiled at me as she was giving me my blueberry-banana-oat muffin. Does that count? I'm so confused...
Anyway, Cara - I had a great time on our pseudo date. I hope we can do it again some time.
And Mr. anonymous, I think you might have a better time getting "real" dates if you reconsidered your wardrobe. Blue crocs and cutoff Levi's? Hmm...
So last summer, before I came out here, I had this really bad joke that I told often. I'd stare off into the distance, as if deep in tought and then say, "IBM... hmm... I wonder what kind of computers we're going to use..."
And then no one would laugh.
Obviously I was on some bad pseudo dates around that time because everyone knows that a good pseudo date laughs at your pseudo jokes.
People have no sense of humor ;)
Remind me to tell you my math joke, which did not go over as well as one might think.
oh my gosh, Cara, if you are "chosen" to be the MAPW speaker, you should totally start your speach out with the math joke! (not that I've hear it yet but I'm sure it rocks!)
Post a Comment