February 22, 2006

not so bad

I signed the lease for my new place last night and while I was there, I took a look at the apartment again. you know what? it wasn't so bad. it doesn't have the same charm as my pgh. apartment but it has this whole 1950's retro thing going on that might work, so long as I'm willing to embrace my betty crockerness. and well, maybe I am. milkshakes and meatloaf for dinner tomorrow.

actually, I'll be back in pittsburgh tomorrow so chances are I'll be eating something that's been fried. it's going to be a busy weekend but I'd love to see you if you'd love to see me.

abby is staying with a woman named Viva for the weekend. my manager @ IBM told me about her. she's this little woman who lives with her husband in some home at the end of a dirt road about 5 miles from IBM. it's not a kennel. they just watch dogs for people. as far as I could tell, there were at least seven dogs of all shapes and sizes (and all barkers) staying there this weekend. abby gave me that "what the hell are you doing ot me look" as I drove away. sorry abby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you moving this weekend? I am too. Good luck with yours! Mine's not quite as far. I'm just going from Nashville to Knoxville, TN.

Happy Worker said...

thanks rachael! even though it's far, my move shouldn't be too bad. IBM has a company that comes to your place, packs your stuff, and then moves it for you. not too shabby. good luck with your move too!

Anonymous said...

I'm having movers do mine, too. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing while they pack though. Sit there and look at them while eating bon bons with my feet propped up?