February 21, 2006

New Lease on Life

Tonight I’m going to sign the lease for my new apartment in Boulder. For at least the next six months, I’m going to be living in North Boulder on the corner of 9th and Alpine. For those of you who don’t know Boulder I’ll tell you that the corner of 9th and Alpine is a great location. I’m two blocks away from the Ideal Market and Vic’s, my favorite coffee shop in Boulder. I’m also walking distance from Pearl Street (which is the big shopping/restaurant area around here).

But, well, nothing’s perfect I guess so this apartment, especially when compared to my apartment in Pittsburgh, is kind of a dump (and more expensive!). Or at least not all that nice (and it’s more expensive!). But the bathroom’s new and so is the carpet so at least I won’t get all grossed out walking around in my bare feet. And my lease is only six months long so I’ll have time to reevaluate and start the process all over again in six months if I want to. Oh goodie.

Anyway, don’t be scared off by the dumpiness of my apartment. Come visit me anyway! There’s a great little pub called the hungry toad only two blocks away. We can hang out there and then walk home hang out on my gigantic porch (once the weather gets warmer) so we really won’t need to be in the apartment at all, okay? Okay.

No comments: