I guess it’s been a while since I moved to a new apartment and it’s interesting to think of everything that’s changed since then like… the internet. (Or really, I should say Internet with a big, loud, “I.”) Back in the late 90’s (the lat time that I moved), you had to actually call people (the cable company, the phone company, etc) to get your service started. But these days, you can do it all on line. And that means you’re free to spend an hour, switching back and forth between the channel line-ups for Digital Classic or Digital Classic Plus and agonizing over the decision. (Has digital cable really been around long enough to be called “classic”?)
In the old days, when you took a long time to decide, the person on the other end of the phone would start to sigh and get impatient and you knew you had to make up your mind or you’d run the risk of getting “disconnected.” But the old days are gone and this could go on all day. The difference between the two packages is only $5 a month and about 20 movie channels that I may, or may not watch but for some reason, the decision seems so large to me right now.
So if you’re planning to visit me, you may want to help me out with this one because when you east coast people wake up at 6:00 am, I’ll still be sleeping for the next two or three hours and what else are you going to do besides watch TV?
February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As a veteran Boulder visitor - I say Classic Plus :-)
ha! I was totally thinking of you when I asked the question about cable!
before you visit me this summer, I think you should consider "training" for the new time zone. that way, you won't be up at 5:30 am again. but, in case the training doesn't work out, I got the classic plus. : )
Post a Comment