I hope you're all having a festive election day and have voted! in celebration, I took today off, partially to help my friend J. canvas the neighborhood and partially for a two-hour "meeting" about a potentially new career choice. (oh my. do I really want to switch jobs again? oh my...) but, having just finished the "meeting," I'm a little wiped out so I'm not sure I'm up for the canvasing. maybe I can recharge myself with some free starbucks coffee and a free scoop of ben and jerry's. and if that doesn't work, maybe I can re-recharge by visiting a different starbucks and a different ben and jerrys! my god, I love democracy!
at any rate, knowing I had such a big day coming up, I voted early (last Thursday). I thought that I was old and jaded but I'm glad to report I might not be. The evidence: I got a little giddy when I checked the box for my candidate of choice.
tonight, I'm going to a friend of a friend's house to watch the election returns. I'm only planning to stay a bit because a) it's a tad dorky and b) I had too much fun this past weekend and am still recovering. to sum up the fun:
friday I dressed up (as Margot Tenenbaum - complete with wooden finger) and went out to experience Halloween in Boulder. even though I've lived here for three Halloweens, this is the first time I spent Halloween in town. it was nuts, as only Boulder can be. crazy people and costumes and people everywhere along with the annual naked pumpkin run. yep, it's what you think it is - naked people running with pumpkins on their heads - and it's one of the scariest things I've seen at Halloween. why so scary? because let's face it, most people (myself included) just don't look that good naked and, as my friend M. said, even the ones who do don't look good naked and running. amen to that. I eventually found my way to a party and drank to much of the "very, very scary punch," leading to a slightly scary morning after. note for next time - stick with the "scary" or "very scary" punch. to top off the night, I shared a cab with a guy dressed as a treasure troll (pink wig, pink body glitter and yes, he had a jewel in his navel) who kept staring longingly at my very masculine, muscley friend sitting next to him in the cab. some moments in life are priceless.
saturday, I went to see the band devotchka. yes, my friends and I dressed up again and yes, there was more merriment (aka - alcohol). the next day, as I rode my bike to pick up my car (no treasure troll in the cab saturday night) I wondered if I was maybe too old for this sort of thing. but maybe not. there's an ebb and flow to life and nothing is forever. so might as well enjoy things while they last, right? I mean, it's not like I'm out every night. just every other night. so there.
November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you share what your new job may be?
hmm... no. not publicly, at least. I don't want to jinx anything. in fact, the job has been in the works since July (I've had a totally of six interviews at this point) but I've been relatively hush-hush about it all because of superstition and not wanting to have to publicly regurgitate my disappointment if it doesn't work out.
guess it's too late for that one though...
Post a Comment