November 08, 2008

this week's victories

the election results from this past Tuesday are an obvious victory. while I'm happy about the results on a public level, I'm happy about them on a personal level as well. as most of you know from previous posts, I have a few coworkers who, quite frankly, are horrid. part of their horridness has been the smear campaign that they've mounted against me. it's been tough to deal with but the election has provided me with a good way of talking about it and a method to take a step back an analyze the situation.

I began to see that the best way for me to deal with the situation was to "take the barak obama route" and rise above it. that gave me the strength to rise above the pettiness. I also began to see how similar my coworkers are to John McCain (and Palin), which gave me a handy way to reference them. ("wow - did you hear what John McCain said today? ridiculous!", etc.)

I sort of began to take a personal interest in it all and think that Obama defeating McCain was like me defeating them. and guess what? we kicked their butts. which leads me to victory #2...

I've been told that an offer is coming my way. freedom is within my grasp. I still can't believe it. but because I can't believe it (and because I'm not yet holding freedom in my hands) no official details (though I guess I can say that I will be working for a large educational entity and let you put the pieces together through the context clues).

and finally,I went to the doctor on Thursday and was told that my perpetually broken leg (did you guys even know about that?) is finally healed. I'm allowed to run again! only 8 minutes every other day at this point but at least that's something. I went for my first 8 min run on Thursday and it was wonderful.


(for those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with a fairly serious stress fracture some time in August. apparently, I was pretty darn close to my leg being completely broken. oopsie, I guess but I honestly thought a broken bone would hurt more than that... anyway, I haven't been allowed to do anything but swim for the past three months and man, I've gotta tell you, the life aquatic just isn't for me.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as a conservative independant in a largely republican voting organization, I understand the challenges of voting blue. Good for you. stop the haters!
As for the future of your professional allegiance, sounds sweet, let us know how that goes!