October 27, 2008

pls. disregard my last post

I've decided I don't care. if you're there, you're there. if you're not, you're not. I'll keep writing either way.

the right ear bud on my headphones at work has stopped working. this is actually a good thing because, for a while, the right was just working less than the left ear bud which made me think that the hearing in my right ear was significantly worse than the hearing in my left and I spent some time (definitely too much time) wondering how it was that could have happened. when I was young and careless, did I purchase too many concert tickets on the right side of the stage? is it cellphone related? and, worst of all, am I really so old that my hearing is starting to go? already?

despite the problem, I'm still listening to music with partial hearing. for the most part, it's fine. however, there's an occasional song (generally from the 60's) where someone thought it would be cool to experiment with the stereo and so you sort of only get half of the song. two things I learned today from this experience: 1) yellow submarine is really quite good without the vocals. 2) Mick Jagger really can't sing much better than I can.

1 comment:

Neil said...

How are you sure that the right headphone finally died, and that you haven't gone completely deaf in the right ear, due to old age of course :)