Abby (my dog) is doing kind of old these days. (Yes, that's right - I said "doing old" on purpose.)
For the past three or four months, she's been slowly but steadily declining. Stairs are hard if not impossible these days. As is getting in and out of the car. But aside from that sort of thing, she's still very much her. Her personality is still intact. She still does the stubborn things she's always done. She still attacks the vacuum cleaner. And she's still eating (a lot!). Because of the mixed signals, I can't tell how she's really doing; Is she in pain? Does she still enjoy her life? Does she still want to be around?
The past few nights, it seems like she's been having trouble sleeping and I'm wondering if she's in pain or if it's something else that's wrong. Abby has an acupuncture appointment on Friday and so I'm also wondering if I should have, you know, "the" conversation with my vet. I don't want Abby to be suffering. I don't want her to be alive if she doesn't want to be alive. But I don't want to end things if she still wants to be a part of them.
This is what thought about all weekend. And, honestly, I have no idea what to do. So...
There's a place in Boulder called the Psychic Horizons Center (and just now, I'm wondering if I haven't blogged about this before) and they do pet readings on Wednesday nights. I'm not sure there will ever be a better time than this to have one of these readings done. But... well... well... you know... well... lots of things.
Maybe I'll just give you the description of the whole thing and leave it at that:
A group of readers, will communicate with your pet and read it's aura to help it heal and increase awareness about any issues or problems the animal is having. Learn about your agreement with your pet this lifetime (what you have each come to teach each other), past lives and deepen your relationship with your special friend.
Bring your pet or its picture. (Please do not bring cats into the center, they are happier at home!)
Allow at least one hour for the session.
Please have your pet in a pet carrier or on a leash for it's protection when you bring it to the center!
February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Given the impossibility absence of first-source information, I think this sounds perfect.
Wow, I can't believe I'm seriously supporting a course of action that involved psychics.
And by the way? "doing old" = awesome. Getting old is a given. At least that's what someone told me, last month on my 24th birthday...
Maybe you should move to Boulder. I think that only here (or maybe in San Fran), is it okay to take your dog to a psychic.
When I first moved here two years ago, I used to roll my eyes at the thought of acupuncture for my dog. Now we go every three weeks. Because doggie acupuncture has become so normal for me, I feel like taking my dog to a psychic is the next step in what is a natural Boulder progression. But we shall see...
Post a Comment