so I've started to poke around at homes to buy. well, homes in Denver and condo type things in Boulder because Boulder is on the expensive side. not super, crazy, out of control like parts of California but still, on the expensive side.
being as afraid of commitment as I am, I haven't contacted a real estate agent or anything like that. I'm just looking at listings online. my officemate is really interested in me buying a place (I think it's a chance for him to live vicariously through my spending) so he sent an email to an agent about a property we saw online this morning (I swear, we sometimes work). in his email he said that he had a friend who was looking for a place and he gave her some specs on me like price range and that I want to live walking distance from a coffee shop (I do. I really do.) and so she emailed back a few listings that she had. this was one of them (search on #529809). hmm... ~$218,000 for 604 sq. ft.? so I went here (on page 2) to look at the floor plan.
my only comment: "$218,440 and everyone who comes to visit me has to pee in my bedroom?" that just doesn't seem right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Real estate is a pain in the neck. I never know how to react. I tried to buy a place when I was a wee graduate student. And everything was way too expensive. Although, back then I think I was appalled by $250K for 900 sq. ft. So here, you should be more appalled. But in all fairness, people don't have to pee IN your bedroom :)
I don't know... If you leave the bathroom door open, couldn't you make the argument that you're in a bedroom annex? I'm only making that claim because without the bedroom, the bathroom doesn't exist. It simply doesn't stand on its own in this design like the kitchen or the living room/entry hall. So really... Besides, it's more shocking to say it like that. It evokes and "oh my god!" reaction and I like that.
Post a Comment