I'm working from home today and right now, the TV is on. (I don't usually start work until 8:00 so this is sort of my warm-up period where I read email and ease into things so it's okay that the TV is on...)
it just so happens that good morning america is on* and Dianne Sawyer was just interviewing this guy who apparently faked his own disappearance because he was running for congress (or maybe some other elected office) and wasn't doing so well. it seems he faked the situation (which was pretty elaborate and involved him giving himself frostbite) in an attempt to gain the sympathy of the voters and win the election.
but he got caught. didn't win the election. and is now facing some kind of legal ramifications. the dude was definitely having a tough time with the interview. Dianne's soft but stern understanding was too much for him, I guess. he couldn't keep it together and started crying on national TV.
Dianne thanked him for joining her then said (in a deep, calm voice) "it truly is a perplexing case..." then, (in a much peppier voice) "now for the weather!"
it's a skill, for sure, to be able to go from tragedy to witty banter and weather. but man, if you're the tragedy, the sunshine in the west has gotta make you feel even worse, don't you think?
* two things to note: 1. notice I said "good morning america is on" not "I turned good morning america on." and 2. Neil, you've already made fun of me for this so don't do it again.
February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment