so recovering from a blizzard seems to take longer than I remember. or maybe we're all just using this as an excuse to stay home from work. judging by the number of skiers across the street, I'd say that's what we're doing.
I'm home from work again today for the third day in a row. while it was thrilling on Wednesday when, as the snow was falling, my neighbors and I were hanging out, drinking wine, and feeling cozy. Yesterday we (the neighbors and I) went snowshoeing in the morning and that was nice too. but today... today might just be a wee bit much. and because I don't have much to do that hasn't already been done, I'll probably spend most of the day stressing about whether or not the Denver airport will be back to normal by the time I fly out on Sunday.
so for all of you who are wondering if I'm going to make it home with out any problems, it's too early to tell. I have a few friends flying out today and tomorrow. I'll see how it goes for them... (yes, of course ...)
December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
okay, I was just out and I understand why the airport hasn't fully opened back up yet... while some roads are fine, some roads (major ones) totally aren't.
perhaps you guys also have google alrerts that let you know when I mention you in my blog so I'd like to offer a little shout out to the two guys (plus Thomas) who helped get me unstuck from the snow earlier today. and an extra special shout out to draco the dot. I really think we couldn't have done it without you and your barking. you're the best, draco! and btw, abby wants to know if you have a girlfriend. I think she's a little older than you but older women with younger men is so in these days - I'm sure that translates over to dogs(...)
the dog. draco's a dog, not a dot. so sorry, draco.
dudette. it's jan 2. the period of adjustment is over. and i'm out of reading material.
snapoutofit!
Post a Comment