December 20, 2006

Sorry in advance for the egregious use of punctuation but oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so in a serendipitous (yes, that is the word of the year) turn of events, I have an interview this afternoon with Crispin Porter and Bogusky. They're an advertising agency that has done incredibly cool commercials such as those crazy Burger King ads with the King and the chicken, the Miller Lite "Man Law" ads, the IKEA "sad lamp" thing, the tobacco "Truth" campaign, and soooooooo many more.

They're based in Miami but they just opened an office in Boulder that they need to staff. They want to interview me to be an "Integrated Producer" which basically means I would manage the teams that create the ads. It's the job I was meant to do. I'm perfect for it. How could they not want me? Is it wrong for me to say that?

Okay, okay, okay. Obviously, I won't be drinking coffee today.

Luckily, it's a phone interview and I'm working from home (because of the crazy snow we're supposed to get today) so I'll be able to wear my PJ's and mindlessly flip through TV channels during the interview. It always makes me feel better to wear my PJ's and mindlessly flip through TV channels during intense conversations. Well, unless one of CPB's commercials comes on... Then I'll get all worked up again. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just so you know, many people who work at cp+b have daily"google alerts" for when we come up in articles online. your blog showed up yesterday. just thought you should know.

Happy Worker said...

hmm... that's good to know. thank you mr. and/or ms. anonymous. I wonder how much of a part that played in my interview being cancelled moments before it was supposed to take place?

maybe they read my blog and thought that I use ... way too much because really, we all know that I use ... way too much.

anyway, I suppose it was meant to be. perhaps it will even turn out to be serendipitous. however, 'tis a bit of a bummer. and I just can't help feeling like I got dissed by the cool kids(...)

Happy Worker said...

so if it was the ellipses that did me in, I wonder how things would have been different if I had only used an occasional em dash instead.

the few emails that I received from cp+b had what I found to be gratuitous use of the em dash. I noted this gramatical choice and found it to be interested from a "professional writer" p.o.v. but alas, I am not an em dash girl just as I am not an en dash girl and I'm not sure I ever will be(...)