January 02, 2007

snappingoutofit

I think some of you are looking for a little recap of my holiday season so here you go:

the holidays are officially over and I can't help but think that I didn't eat enough cookies this year.

I spent the holidays in Pittsburgh - eating too much, shopping too much, and not sleeping nearly enough. I did, however, buy the cutest pair of shoes, kind of like these but more of a brownish-grey.

I may have been worn out from all of the shopping and going out with friends but personally, I like to use the time zone discrepancy thing because you can use it as an excuse to be lazy no matter which direction you're going:

me (while in Pittsburgh) - "Oh, gee, I'm feeling kinda tired because I'm used to being two hours behind..."

me (back in Colorado) - "Oh, gee, I'm feeling kinda tired because I'm used to being two hours ahead..."

this could explain why it took me three days to work up the energy to shovel my car out from the most recent dumping of snow out here. honestly, I'm a little sick of it - the snow, the shoveling, the frosty walks with the dog that she loves so much more than I do. let's just hope we get more than a week between snow storms this time around.

despite the snow, I made it back into town on Friday without any problems. for New Years, I went to Denver with some friends and hung out at this bar. it's probably my favorite bar in Denver, which doesn't mean a whole lot seeing as I've only been to about five bars in Denver. but still, this is my favorite one.

yesterday I watched a lot of football and went to see Babel. although many have criticized the movie for it's jumbliness, I didn't find that. in fact, I rather liked the movie and found it to be semi-powerful on some base level. then again, I was pretty tired and so maybe my mind didn't catch all of the things that I missed. I also thought that Brad Pitt did a decent job in the movie and was actually pretty good so that shows you something about my mental capacity yesterday afternoon.

let's see, what else... oh, this morning when I got in to work I had to change all of my passwords that had expired over the break and now, I can't remember what I changed those passwords too. this wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't gotten logged out of my email, without a clue as to what my password might be. and that should tell you something about my mental capacity right now.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny that you were in pittsburgh, cause we were too. I was looking through old photos and saw one of you, me, and e.c. on halloween. Funny! And it is sort of odd that you made it back to Denver but I couldn't get back home (WA) until the 3rd.

Anyway, happy new year!

-portia :)

Happy Worker said...

Portia! how ARE you?

I'm guessing the picture you're talking about was from the time you, e.c. and I went trick-or-treating in an upity neighborhood in an attempt to get better candy. I'm not sure how old we were but we were old enough to drive, which is probably too old to be tric-or-treating, which is probably why everyone kept asking us if we weren't a little old to be trick-or-treating.

you can probably use that picture to blackmail me some day...

anyway, a very happy new year to you too!

Unknown said...

That's the one! And don't worry, I'm not the blackmailing type. :)

Happy Worker said...

okay, good. I don't want to have to whip out the picture of you, with pigtails, at my fifth grade birthday party. :)

Unknown said...

that is hilarious! do you have a flickr account or anything? we might have to see that one. and i have some pix of you from my cabbage patch themed birthday too so watch it, lady! :)

Happy Worker said...

wow - cabbage patch kids have third grade written all over them because I think by fourth grade we had all moved on to Madonna.

I do have a flickr account which I don't use. however, you are not the first person to want me to use my flickr account so okay, okay, okay. I'll get on it.

but unfortunately, the pigtails picture is at my parent's place in PGH so we're all safe for now...