November 12, 2006

Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Okay, so a number of you have suggested that I might want to get myself out there and start trying this thing they call "dating" and, quite frankly, I've kind of figured you didn't know what you were talking about. But since my therapist suggested it too... I guess I should at least think about giving it a shot.

But you know, I honestly don't want to. Right now, I'm quite comfortable with my latest pseudo boyfriend (we have another pseudo date today), especially since I know he doesn't want to be my boyfriend and so why not just coast in the comfort of this "relationship" while avoiding the potential for getting hurt yet again?

Okay, okay. You're right. I need to give it a shot. But this is going to take some time. So right now, I think I'm working up to just making eye contact with cute guys. The next step will be flirting. And then maybe I'll move on to an actual date.

Sounds like a plan to me.

I like to think that I'm the kind of person that once I have a plan, I'm on it. So, this weekend I:

* made brief but flirty eye contact with cute guy at the GoLite warehouse sale. (could have made more eye contact but the deals were incredible and I have my priorities.)

* boldly made extended eye contact with cute, pro-skier guy at the Warren Miller movie yesterday. would have maybe even worked up the courage to go say "hi" (I had had a few beers and was wearing my fabulous movie-star sunglasses that I bought in Hawaii) but my rowdy group of friends was moving on.

* flirted just a wee bit with rugged ex-marketing turned handyman/outdoor adventure guy at dinner and got him to buy me a drink while pretending that I wasn't trying to get him to buy me a drink. good to know the skill are still intact.

No comments: