I spent a lot of time doing nothing this holiday weekend. I very much enjoy doing nothing. there's so much something going on most of the time that nothing is usually a nice change. I watched football, ate a lot of food, visited my local library, and watched the first season of The West Wing (oh how I loved The West Wing back in the day!). but while nothing is generally good, I do somethimes get bored with it and, yesterday afternoon, I wondered if I shouldn't find something to do while I'm doing nothing, what some people might call a hobby.
at first I thought: knitting but I feel like knitting became quite trendy a few years ago so now I'm wondering if I should find some other hobby to pass my time and get myself on the cusp of whatever might be trendy next. but what might that be?
macrame?
November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How about tatting? I don't know anybody else who does that! haha
wow - that's beautiful!
I've never heard of tatting before. what is it? how do you do it?
Fur sculpting.
http://www.funnydog.net/images/dog-haircut.jpg
umm...
Oops....I didn't see your reply. Tatting is lacemaking with a shuttle (or two) and thread. Basically, you just tie knots. There's only one stitch to learn. Once you figure out how to do the "flip" the rest is easy. My great-grandmother did tatting and I always wanted to learn so I took a class at Jo-Ann ETC a few years ago. I think it's fairly easy....I just don't have enough of a crafting attention span to do anything very big.
i love knitting, so if you get tired of quilting, you can always come over to the dark side. and remember, even though knitting enjoyed a vogue recently, it's been done for thousands (?) of years so it's always cool. :)
Post a Comment