March 25, 2008

does anyone else think it's a little unfair to have not-so-amature people on shows where the whole point is to watch amatures do things?

I know I'm being a bit abstract but let me illustrate my point: Kristi Yamaguchi on Dancing with the Stars. now I have nothing against Kristi Yamaguchi. she's talented and seems like a nice person. but, isn't she really only a step away from being a professional dancer? I mean, she basically dances on ice. she has experience with coregoraphy, timing, contorlling her body, and performing for judges, etc so... I guess my point is that this really isn't fair to Penn Jellitte?

not that I've seen him dance. or her either, for that matter. but when I turned on the TV tonight (to immediately switch to reruns of The Office), the TV was on abc and dancing with the stars was on and, well, there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. It takes the sport out of it. But on the flip side, the best doesn't win all the time. Last season on DWTS, Marie Osmond went to the final three and she was horrible! She is just very popular with the voting crowd so she went higher than much more talented folks. Not that I watch it on a regular basis - I blame living with my parents last fall for it...

Jen's two cents