in case you're wondering, the dog, Boy, and I made it back to Colorado just fine afer the holidays, which seems like such a long time agon now. while I was there, I got to meet my nephew and he was super cute. there are some pictures of him on my flickr account if you want to see what I mean.
since being back, I haven't been up to much except work and the occasional day of snowboarding. the past two weekends I've been up to the mountains and I've gotta say, it's great to live out here. (btw, Neil, it was good to see you two weekends ago and get a dose of your east coast smart-assness on ice.)
I've also been working on my new year's resolutions (or is it years? or years'?) I don't usually make them but this year I thought I needed to. they are (in no particular order):
1. run like three times a week (yes, I said "like" so that when I only run twice, I don't need to feel bad.)
2. say fewer negative things about people (I'm not going to be nice. just less mean. btw, this one isn't going so well...)
3. attend fewer meetings (work related, obviously, and trickier than one might think)
4. write more - five days a week to be exact. Marisa is in on this one with me and we're trying to peer pressure each other into making it happen. from the sound of things, I think she's doing fine. me on the other hand... well, I've kinda been writing a sentence each day. is that okay?
though honestly, one of my most recent sentences was something like "do you think it's possible for one to contemplate one's eyebrows too much?" I wrote that while I was working from home on Friday. me thinks working from home too much can make one crazy, which would sort of explain some of the "self-employed" people I've met out here.
anyway, I have actually been writing in a journal/diary type thing (what's the difference, you ask? actually, a recent article in the New Yorker talked about it a bit.) and so there's less "writing" or whatever this is in the blog (on the blog?). anyway, I'm sure you're all busy with your resolutions too so who has time to read this anyway. unless your resolution was to read my blog more, in which case, I think we're all in trouble.
January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment