December 16, 2007

it's been about a month since my last post and to sum up - I've been up to a lot of things, none of which are quilting. however, I'll be home in PGH for a week (next week) and that may just be the perfect time to start, especially because my mom has a sewing machine and I don't.

but who am I kidding? we all know I'm going to spend next week luxuriating in all the oxygen and tax-free shopping.

I'm actually driving back to PA (please pray for good weather). I've decided to drive and not fly because I can bring Abby with me. at 12.5, she's past the age expectancy for a dog her size and I just couldn't bear to leave her at a kennel. and... although she's basically a piece of furniture that ocassionally moves around my apartment, she's a little high maintenance; there are lots of medicines. she has to be carried up stairs. and she wears tinkle trousers when I'm gone because, now that she's old, she gets mad pissed off when I leave her alone and, well, pisses. so she's really too much to have anyone else watch.

20+ hours of driving (each way) is a lot so I hope those of you in Pittsburgh will understand when I'm not excited to drive to your far away homes. don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see all of you! I just hope we can meet... hmm... well... we'll work it out somehow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I was going to be in PGH this year. Sadly, I'll be snowbound in Boston. But next year I'll be there so you better be too!

Happy Worker said...

that's such a bummer! I was hoping to get to see you and your fam. oh well, here's to Christmas 2008!

hope you guys have a good holiday in Boston!